Paylocity Adds New Communication and Collaboration Features to Its Community Offering, Further Expanding the Most Complete Platform for the Modern Workforce
In the face of heightened employee expectations and rapidly evolving work environments,
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220419005974/en/
Paylocity’s software pairs HR and Payroll with a social collaboration hub called Community that streamlines communication and fosters a culture of employee engagement not possible with broadcast emails, antiquated intranets, or breakroom memos (Photo: Business Wire)
Community is an integrated part of the
The new premium capabilities announced today as Community Plus are available for an additional cost and include:
- One-to-one and one-to-many chat functionality to improve real-time communication;
- Ability to upload, create, edit, and share files;
- Automatic creation of team groups for supervisors and direct reports that immediately add or remove employees based on changes in employee status, and that help new teammates connect easily with icebreaker questions;
- Updated user profiles for employees to list interests, team members, education, skills, or hobbies; and
- Enhanced people directory and search capability to easily find, follow, and engage co-workers.
New Community Plus Features Build on Widespread Momentum
Since its initial launch two years ago,
- In the last year, overall employee engagement in the form of employer announcements, employee visits and posts, reactions, and comments has increased by more than 56% overall, with employee comments up by more than 150%.
Within 180 days of implementing
Paylocity, organizations typically see nearly 30% of their employees actively using Community to exchange messages, ideas, and comments.
Among clients who use
Paylocitythe most, peer recognition shows “viral adoption” with the number of employees receiving public recognition from their peers increasing on average by more than 500% within 180 days of implementing Paylocity.
Making Work Feel Like a Community
As part of the most complete platform for the modern workforce, Community helps employers deal with critical workforce challenges, including The Great Resignation, changing workforce demographics, and the rapid shift to mobile and hybrid work. The employee experience has never been more imperative, as evidenced by recent research from the MIT Sloan Management Review, which found that corporate culture is 10 times more likely to contribute to employee departures than a company’s compensation.
“The modern workforce is expecting so much more of their employers,” said
Many clients use Community to replace communication channels that either don’t reach all employees or are ignored. It quickly becomes the single source for all company updates, connecting employees across locations, even those that are deskless or completely remote.
Community has also been proven to positively impact employee engagement and business outcomes based on data from Paylocity’s Modern Workforce Index (MWI). Built with patent-pending artificial intelligence and based on best practices from 30,000+ clients, MWI provides an overall score of an organization’s health, performance benchmarks to peers, and tailored recommendations to improve efficiency and employee engagement. Companies using Community show higher employee sentiment and overall MWI scores. More important, companies with higher MWI scores also experience on average 15%+ lower attrition and faster headcount growth.